Usually we are those who conduct an interview. But today we´ll change the sides and face up to the MMA Team Interview so that you get to know us better: ten times the same questions – ten times different answers. The first post of our new blog column is focusing Thomas Goletz, founder of Meet Magento Association.
1. Please introduce yourself in about 3 sentences! My name is Thomas Goletz, 52 years old and I live now in Leipzig. Since 2008 I’m engaged in developing and operating approaches how to be successful with Open Source and Communities in the real business world. And that was also my touch point in 2012 with Meet Magento.
2. Thomas, choose four words which can best describe your daily working routine! Listen, understand, decide, make
3. What do you like about your job the most? A tremendous variety of ideas, tasks and projects. Meet Magento is a global initiative. It shows us how diverse the world is. At the same time we find similar patterns and behaviours whereever we go. In business, in private. People are key, and people are the essence of our job.
4. Remember: what was your career aspiration as a child? Oh, many. Pilot, racing car driver, farmer, researcher or constructor. I became an engineer, but that was just the beginning of multiple roles and professions during the last 28 years. I couldn’t imagine that while I was a child.
5. What would be the worst thing about one day without any internet-ready device? Would not be worse. I do it regulary by choice.
6. What is able to drive you up the wall (not only in your daily working routine)? There isn’t so much. I like more staying focussed.
7. What´s your favourite place in the new office? And what makes this place so special for you? There are some beautiful places in our office. I use – depending on mood and time – different rooms here. It’s special here because it’s a team office. Built by the team, lived by the team.
In the next weeks we will publish interviews with all team members, one by one. So, be curious!